INGREDIENTS 1 cup milk 1 tsp honey 2 drop vanilla extract 1 pinch ground cinnamon INSTRUCTIONS Pour milk into a microwave safe mug and place in the microwave. Cook on High until the milk is very hot and begins to foam, about 3 minutes. Stir in honey and vanilla, then sprinkle […]
INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 cup diced white onion (about 1 small white onion) 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour) 3 cups chicken stock 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken 1 1/4 cups (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce, homemade or store-bought […]
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 1 1/2 cups
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 cup sugar 2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1/2 cup milk 1 cup fresh or […]
INGREDIENTS 2 large carrots, cut into cubes 1 red onion, finely sliced 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into cubes 3 tbsp olive oil pinch dried chilli flakes (optional) 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses 250g pack cooked Puy lentils 75g feta, crumbled 50g […]
- 3lbs boneless Rib Eye roast
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh rosemary, or other favorite herbs
- ¼ cup chopped garlic (about 20 cloves)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups of a variety of Mushrooms, sliced to about the same size
- 1 cup of stock
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Tie the roast and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix together rosemary and garlic. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir to combine. Reserve.
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and, once smoking hot, sear all sides of the meat.
- Remove skillet from heat. Brush the herb-garlic mixture all over the roast.
- Bring the roast, in the cast iron skillet, to the preheated oven and cook for about 1 to 1.5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 135F degrees (medium-rare). Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving (final temperature should be 145F for medium rare.)
- While the roast is resting, sauté the mushrooms over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter until cooked through and no liquid is left in the pan, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove roast from the cast iron skillet and bring the skillet to the stovetop. Add stock to the pan and deglaze the pan, scraping all the bits from the bottom. Allow to simmer until thick.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until the sauce is silky. Then, place the roast back in the cast iron with the sauce and spoon some of the sauce over the roast.
- Garnish serving platter with fresh rosemary if desired.
INGREDIENTS 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts kosher salt or sea salt , to taste fresh cracked black pepper , to taste 1/2 teaspoon paprika 4 tablespoons butter, divided 4-5 cloves garlic , minced 10.5 ounces (1 can) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 3/4 cup water 2 to 3 cups chopped broccoli 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley lemon wedges , optional INSTRUCTIONS Season chicken with salt, […]
- 1 small sweet potato, grated (~1/2 cup grated)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray. Alternatively, place liners in the muffin tin so clean up is easy!
- Peel a medium sweet potato and use a cheese grater to grate potato.
- Place 1/2 cup grated sweet potato, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon as your scooper, scoop one heaping tablespoon of sweet potato mixture on the bottom of 8 muffin tins.
- Crack a large egg on top of each cup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake eggs at 375ºF for 13-15 minutes or until eggs are at desired consistency.
INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/2 cup corn starch 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 2 cups buttermilk 3/4 cups oil 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 eggs (separated) 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg […]