INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon butter 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced (1 pound) 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced 1 small orange bell pepper, thinly sliced 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced 4 garlic cloves, minced 2 tablespoons flour 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder 1 tsp EACH salt, chili pwdr, ground cumin 1/2 tsp […]
INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup butter softened 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1 egg 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup molasses 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon cloves 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda For The Frosting 4 oz. cream cheese softened 1/4 cup butter softened 1 cup powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 12.25” x 8.75” x 1” jelly roll […]
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ pounds boneless chuck steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped canned pickled jalapeños
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, sugar and salt.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Sprinkle the meat with salt and cook until browned on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the meat to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions to the pot and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic mixture and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil. Return the meat and any accumulated juices to the pot, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the meat is tender and can be broken apart easily, about 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Strain the beef mixture over a medium bowl. Transfer the meat and any other solids to a separate medium bowl and break the beef into small pieces. Mix together with half of the shredded cheeses, the cilantro and the jalapeños.
- Spread ¾ cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Microwave the tortillas according to package directions to soften. Spread about ⅓ cup of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll up tightly, and place in the baking dish seam-side down. Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the enchiladas and spread to ensure that all of the ends are covered in sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top of the enchiladas, cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese browns slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
INGREDIENTS 5 cups spring mix salad or other greens 3 cups strawberries, sliced 1 avocado, diced 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled 1/3 cup pecans Poppy Seed Dressing: 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1/2 tablespoon honey 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds pinch of salt and pepper, or more to […]
INGREDIENTS 1 cup (2 sticks/16 TB) salted butter, softened (soft enough that it will give when you lightly press it, but not melted.) 1/2 cup confectioners’ (powdered) sugar, plus 1/4 cup more for dusting 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 1/8 tsp table salt 2 cups […]
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 package (14-ounces) smoked sausage (such as kielbasa – I used Eckrich), sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 cups torn kale leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 carton (32-ounces) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups soy milk (I used Silk Soymilk)
- Melt butter and heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions, garlic, sliced smoked sausage rounds, kale, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme; stir to combine and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Add chicken broth and soy milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until potatoes are fully cooked and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Remove rosemary sprig.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
INGREDIENTS Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature (I use Challenge Butter) 3/4 cup dark brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 1 egg 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups all purpose flour 2 tsp cornstarch 1 tsp baking soda 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet […]
INGREDIENTS Mushrooms: 4 tablespoons butter 8 ounces (250 grams) brown mushrooms, sliced 4 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped Salt and pepper, to taste Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless Salt and pepper, to season 1 teaspoon onion powder 1 teaspoon dried parsley 8 slices mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce: 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 large cloves garlic minced or […]
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie crust
- 8-oz sausage (Jimmy Dean or Tennessee Pride)
- 1/2 cup prepared Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- dash black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat. Combine cooked sausage and Ranch dressing. Drop crumbles of sausage mixture in bottom of pie crust. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, pepper and cream. Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese mixture in pie crust.
- Bake 1 hour. Allow quiche to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
INGREDIENTS 1 Bottle of Champagne I used Moscato Pink Champagne 1/2 Gallon of Orange Juice Cranberries Cranberry Juice Orange Sherbet INSTRUCTIONS Add desired amount of Cranberries (around 1/8 C.) to the bottom of a wine glass or drinking goblet. Fill glass halfway with champagne. Add Orange juice; leaving enough […]